Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Happy Valentines Day

I am just writing because I want to get rid of the last post being my latest post. The Totowa experience wasn’t even a good one and I don’t want to leave it as the latest post. Just to keep people updated, they delivered the wrong fucking sofa. I didn’t realize cos I don’t pay attention to detail and I am an imbecile. My wife was out of town, came back on Saturday and she caught it immediately. We went to the store and he asked us to fuck off cos it was beyond the 72 hour window of exchange. So, let’s leave that story there.
Today is Valentines Day. Today is the day when Shiv Sena activists in Maharashtra and ABVP activists and BJP activists in Karnataka earn their paychecks. They come out of the woodwork condemning the west and its practices. They attack hallmark stores and scare the shit out of kids who are busy exchanging harmones and chocolates. Leave the damn kids alone and go back to shagging yourselves in your bedrooms. Most of these guys who are part of these groups are sexually frustrated individuals with a low self esteem thriving on attacking kids who are basically leading their lives.
Democracy gives you the power to lead your life as you want and these cocksuckers want to enroach on your freedom of expression. I was 18 years old 11 years ago and it was the same story then. You had these tikka bearing idiots running around like dogs on heat trying to disrupt sale of valentine greeting cards and attacking anyone or anything that propagated this day. Valentines doesn’t really bear any significance to me and has never ever done so. I love all my loved ones with the same passion everyday and don’t have any need for a day to love or express the love. But again, I have no problem with people celebrating the day either.
I did my high school and my pre university in Tumkur, which is a small pace near Bangalore. My folks sent me back to India to my mom’s place so that I could experience India and study in a safer atmosphere. Anyway, here I was in college one day just hanging out in class when a group of ABVP activists ( Akhila Bharat Vidyarthi Parishad- I might be wrong with the full form-it’s an all India student body) came into all our classrooms and dragged our asses out saying that it was a strike because the government had raised the fees. All these kids were from the Government College and here I was studying in a private college. I think they had raised the fees for the exams and these guys were all up in arms. I really didn’t care a fuck nor did my friends. We were from decent backgrounds and these things really didn’t bother us as we could afford it. Anways, we all got dragged out to the middle of the Town Square and were made to squat there. I had no choice but to sit down with all these guys who were waging a strike for the hike in the fees. At least we didn’t have to go to class is what I thought. The number was huge. As we sat around like fools not knowing exactly why we were there, a whole truck of cops turned up. There was some announcement on the speakers and the cops started belting the people sitting there. The fucking ABVP guys disappeared in a jiffy leaving us fools sitting there. Some of us didn’t react quickly enough. One of my good friends got a whack on his ass and he was writhing in pain like a pig. I was laughing and I was scared at the same time. I ran for my life.
My point is, these guys belonging to these organizations don’t really have any principles of their own. They are weak and desperate and use these organizations as a front to abuse more fortunate people. So ABVP or Shiv Sena, let people celebrate valentines or whatever the hell they want as far as they are not forming a cult and sodomizing kids. Live and let live.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Free Hit Counter