Thursday, January 19, 2006

back for the nth time

I was gone for a few days. I guess the only person missing me was liveforcars. I haven’t written in a while because I have been pretty busy. My wife is finally here and we have had shit loads of stuff to do from making the house habitable to stacking up the fridge. It is an ongoing process and takes time. There is some semblance to my apartment finally looking like a home.
I have yet to get my new furniture, which should be in by next Friday. In this country, there is nothing in stock and everything has to be ordered. So basically I am waiting for my leather couch, love seat, side tables and some lamps. Once that comes in, everything will be set. On the other hand, the kitchen is fully operational with all the needed gadgets. I am a domesticated animal now and will start living like one. I also have to buy that wide screen TV to complete the living room
Important message to all 25 somethings on the verge of marriage. Marry right. Be smart enough to marry the right man/woman. I haven’t done a lot of intelligent things in life but I married right. I always knew she was the right person for me. Life is a complex web and love alone is not enough. Your needs should be in equilibrium with what the other person is offering. I am pretty excited about things right now.
The nets are playing some fabulous basketball. They have won 12 of their last 15 games and are on a roll. We should meet Miami in the play-offs. Shaq is a spent force and this time around we should be able to beat them. We will eventually lose to the pistons in the finals.
Other than that, my wife and me are going through a marathon session of the Sopranos. I had not watched the first 3 seasons and hence am catching up. I have been sleeping late for the past 3 days and we watch at least 2 shows a day. I am waiting for this season to start off.
Your wife is not a new roommate. Your wife actually is your best friend. You can tell her off and you can still be normal the next minute. Communication is key. Sounds easy and I am sure all of you have heard it. Practicing is tough though. Ego plays a big role. Dump the ego, communicate.
On this post, I have gone on so many tangents. State of mind.

2 Comments:

Blogger CAR said...

The sage speaketh! wonder whats your wife's take on all these tangents!

3:03 PM  
Blogger zambezi said...

i wonder too. i will find out for you.

3:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Free Hit Counter