Wednesday, December 14, 2005

The Fallen King

I never thought I would actually say this. I feel bad for Ganguly. I feel that it is unfair to him and the system stinks. It defies logic. We won the game, the guy was involved in some decent partnerships. It just doesn’t make sense. Sharad Pawar said that Ganguly would be treated fairly.
This isn’t fair. It gives you a snapshot of things to come. People will be treated like crap and discarded as per the whims and the fancies of the BCCI. There is no transparency in their governance and the same story with a different scoundrel to run the show. It was Dalmiya earlier and now it is Pawar. Same shit, different day.
Ganguly surely deserves to be treated better. He demands respect by virtue of what he has provided to the Indian team. This amazing logic defying step is what I would expect of these BCCI fellows anyway. Anything less than this would surprise me. If they actually wanted to get rid of him, they should have never selected him in the first place. He hasn’t been a given a fair run and it is despicable that he has to leave like this.
Hopefully, he will get another chance. Ganguly feels disgraced right now with his confidence taking a flogging. It gives me a feeling that Sharad Pawar wanted to cut down Ganguly to size and then throw him aside like a rag. People have to be held accountable no matter what and someone better step up to the plate now and question Pawar and Co. If you don’t question these guys, they will continue with their merry ways and treat the Indian cricket team like their father’s inheritance.

My fantasy BCCI Board

Ravi Shastri
Sunil Gavaskar
Gundappa Viswanath
MAK Pataudi
Javagal Srinath

All the above guys will be paid members of the board. They will handle cricket as a commodity. All these guys mentioned above are articulate, educated and are proven winners. They have played cricket and have contributed over a long period of time. They are respected and know what a leather ball feels like when it hits you.

As for the selectors, I would still stick to the regional breakdown and would try my best to get the no bull kind of guys. Screw Kiran More. I sometimes think that he actually took the money from Abhijit kale.

North- Mr Kapil Dev
East- Mr Mohinder Amarnath
South- Mr Venkatesh Prasad
West- No Clue

Now I have used Mr because I have immense respect for these guys. They are no nonsense good guys who in my mind will be impartial and will always pick the right people for the right reasons. They have over the years shown their integrity on the playing field.
Right now the BCCI is just another government type controlled system with a screwed up hierarchy. Pawar brings fear, old school intimidation into the board. Dissolve the damn board, bring in new parameters and create new posts. Only players should be eligible and you can sieve three fourth of the crap out with that clause.
I am dreaming. Slap me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Free Hit Counter