Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Good Morning Zambia

My dearest Lusaka,
I miss you like crazy. Every fall here in jersey reminds me of winter in Lusaka. I miss the walks, the trees swaying to the breeze. I miss the fresh air and the bright sun. It is different. Africa is different.I cannot explain but it is something else to be in Africa .For the past 7 years, every fall I am dragged into a nostalgic dream and i cannot get myself out of it. I drive by on route 17 and I feel it everyday. I cry at times. It will never ever be the same. I cannot go back to Lusaka and feel the same. Everyone I know and i grew up with is here. It is not the same here. I cannot have the same components, the same people and the same emotions ever.
I cry because I am at a different place in life. I cry because somethings never ever come back.
There was this amazing camaraderie between people in Lusaka. I don’t know. I cannot explain it and it has never been the same. We moved here and most of us moved apart.
I will someday come back to you see you. I will and i hope you and me feel the same for each other. For now, I hold your memories.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Free Hit Counter