Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Stupid Driver

I was on my way to work today as usual. It was 8.30 in the morning and I got into my car, started the engine and let it run for a few minutes. I live in an apartment complex with over 660 apartments and spread over an area of 40 acres. I live deep inside the complex and it takes me a minute or so to get to the main road, which leads to the freeway. Anyway, here I am fresh as a daisy, dressed in black and smelling good. I take the left and then another left and I am cruising at around 25 to 30 miles an hour as it is still within the complex and is quite a narrow inroad with cars parked on either side of the street. This inroad leading to the main road is windy and hilly both at the same time and you have to be extra careful as you have to be weary of people joining the inroad from their respective apartment blocks. As I was going through I saw this phatang joining the inroad and taking a left without even noticing me. I was on the main street and it was my right of way and I suddenly noticed him turning right into me and I screeched. This African American gentleman with braids, wife on the side and two kids sitting behind him just turned into the street without even looking. As I braked, the car screeched to a halt. Thank god for my new Sumitomo tires. I let the guy come by me and then I opened my window at the same time and so did he. I was about to use the f word but I saw the kids and controlled my language.
This is how it went

Me “ what’s wrong with you? Can’t you look when you turn into a main street?”
Him “ You have to look when you are driving man”
Me- “ I am on the main street and I have the right of the way”
Him-“ I was on the main road too. Didn’t you see me? . You could have saved me if you were going a little slower”
Me- “ I was at 25 miles man”

I drove away in disgust, as I didn’t want to ruin my morning. Then I thought about what he said. He actually told me that I should have waited for him as he was on the main street too. The freaking idiot did not realize that he was driving into the middle of a street without waiting for me from the parking lot. Why should I wait for someone who is joining the main street? Should I be weary of everyone joining the main street or was it vice versa? He also said that I could have saved him if I was going slower. What the hell did he mean by that? Was he on dope or something? I didn’t kill him. I actually did save him as I was driving head on into him. What a shit head. It was pretty funny at the end of it.

1 Comments:

Blogger CAR said...

I have not seen such regular blogging from you!What changed?

4:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Free Hit Counter