Thursday, December 29, 2005

bendakaluru

Lashkar e Tayiba (LET) is supposedly responsible for the attack in Bangalore. What happened yesterday in what was once a sleepy town is scary and downright disturbing. My Bangalore, my beautiful serene Bangalore. I don’t even know when something like this ever happened in the past. I agree that there doesn’t exist a serene and peaceful atmosphere anywhere on this earth but this has come as a shock. I was reading this article on SIFY about there being a movement to unite Muslims in southern India and northern India and at liberate them from India. It is damn scary when you even think of it.
Something has to be done soon. Violence is not the answer to the situation. I don’t understand why the Muslims in India would be unhappy in the first place. Everyone more or less has a fair playing field in the economic sense and the middle class in urban areas are getting where they want to be not by their religious background but by their own hard work. I firmly believe in my mind that India is a truly secular country where different religions can exist in harmony. Indians have to get together and set common goals to see to it that they live in harmony and develop economically. We cannot step back as a nation. We are on the right track. We cannot be led by fundamentalist pigs who have no bigger pictures and who are willing to pull down people with them into quicksand and shit. We all have to unite together and be the better people that we always have been.
I can live in peace with a White, African American, Hindu, Muslim, Christian or Buddhist. I don’t even feel the difference. The solution lies with all of us collectively having a balanced view of the situation and spreading the love. Please don’t tear my country apart.
I might be over reacting to things but I have a bad feeling that something is snowballing somewhere. Hopefully the Bangalore incident was a stray one. Musharraf, don’t let me down. Control your people. I know for a fact that you are trying to make things better.

1 Comments:

Blogger CAR said...

where is the new stuff?

10:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Free Hit Counter