Sunday, January 07, 2007

Silk Route

Confusion happening. Feeling of melancholy, feeling detached, feeling elevated, feeling disconnected, feeling woozy. Feel like I am in touch with myself. Feel like I am bare as a naked baby. My emotions are on my sleeve.
I love my family and everyone around me. I love my boss and I am thankful. I feel like I just took a whole lungful of euphoria. I don’t know.
I smell the crisp clean evening air of Lusaka. I can feel the wind tipping my ears. I am listening to some soul touching music. I feel the same way when I used to sit in our apartment in Lusaka and listen to Sajda. Maybe I am happy and content. That’s why I feel this way. I used to feel this all the time when I was younger and now it is more sporadic. There is so much shit flying around that it is sometimes so difficult to appreciate what you have. It is sad that happiness is such a rare commodity. There is no time even to feel happy and to appreciate what you have. This constant running is pretty tiring.
I am 30, my parents are with me and I love my wife. My sister and her family stay half hour from me and I can see my darling niece when I please. I have managed to achieve most of the basic materialistic needs at a young age. Sadly, the only constant thing in life is change. Good things will change just like bad. We have to ride it out and keep a strong face and look for the meaning of life amidst all these crests and troughs.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Free Hit Counter