Monday, November 27, 2006

Happy Monday

Does everyone go through the same struggles? Or do some people not even bother? Does everyone strive to be better people? No one is perfect. I go through this constant fight with myself where I want to be a better person. Where I want to control my emotions and handle it the perfect way, whatever that is. We all know that there is no written rule to reacting and nothing is perfect. But, decency and rationality should be one of the pre reqs of any reaction or action. I have to remember to be a better person. I mean well and I know that. My issue is the delivery. The delivery of the emotions. Sadly, how you react to emotions is what life is all about. It’s not about how you think in your heart.
The nets have lost 5 in a row. We are looking listless and impotent. The Indian cricket team has always looked useless. There is nothing new about that. In a country of over a billion people, we are stuck with a quite a few incompetent men. Some people have to go. It is time. Are you telling me that out of all the people that we have in our mother land, we cannot find 11 guys who are mentally strong and can perform on a consistent basis? If we can have successful people in the business world, in the medical world, why in the name of god can’t we have 11 professionals who know where they stand and how to work their way to success? Back to my nets, I am watching Lawrence Frank and I see a man with not a lot of innovation. He has hit a wall and better re-invent himself soon. This is his third full year as coach and he has to raise his hand to be counted. His design plays have become very predictable and many players lack some of the basic abilities. The ball doesn’t come to you during a rebound. You have to get to the ball. Jason Kidd epitomizes the perfect rebound man. An uncanny ability to be at the right place at the right time and quick hands that grab the ball. Miki Moore catches the ball like a cloud in the air and frails his arms around like an orangutan rather than attack the ball. The others players are not very aggressive with their rebounding technique and those second chance points are killing us.
The whole of last week was very hectic. We moved to our new house and it is a very exciting time. The walls are empty, the rooms are empty and all our stuff is stowed away in boxes. I couldn’t find a shirt to wear to work today. I almost got lost getting to work today as I tried a new route. My wife and me will get slowly used to our new life. I feel very bad for her. Her door to door will probably go up by 15 to 20 mins each way. I guess we were spoilt in our apartment where all she had to do was hop and skip her way to the train station. Now, it is a little different. My drive is going up a little too as I am away from the parkway.

7 Comments:

Blogger Dancing Leaves said...

Happy Monday to you too. I'm one of those silent readers if you're wondering...Yes, had a "I have to be a better person" moment this past weekend. Silence was my saving grace. What do you do with outrageously sensitive people who say insensitive things to their friends? That is so messed up.

6:45 PM  
Blogger zambezi said...

Silence is a very good way to handle it. Thats my only defense mechanism when i am being a horrible person.

9:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why do you need a defence mechanism when you are being a horrible person?

1:20 PM  
Blogger gawker said...

i didnt know you had silent readers zambezi and i liked anonymous's question and would like you to reply to it

1:47 PM  
Blogger zambezi said...

gawker- i was not aware either. you seem to enjoy it while i am put on the spot. jobless moron.

Anon- my good friend gawker wants me to reply to your question. sometimes you behave like a horrible person fully knowing that you are doing it. its called lack of control over emotions. the good side invariably takes over and then the defense mechanism asks you to shut and up and be silent. i hope that throws some light on your question.

3:38 PM  
Blogger zambezi said...

is anon my wife?

3:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

how did you guess my darling ? regarding your answering throwing light - have forgotten the context of the question. What are you being defensive against?

7:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Free Hit Counter