Saturday, November 18, 2006

Home

6 feet 1, 200 lbs. I have been the same weight for the past 3 years. Hopefully, I can manage to reverse it to 180 lbs at some point of time.
SONY has the best TV’s under the sun. I have a 50 Inch SXRD, my FIL has the same, my BIL has the 42 Inch one and my wife’s uncle also has the 50 Inch SXRD. The clarity is mind blowing. The high def stuff is certainly worth the money. I don’t think anyone makes it better than SONY. I remember back in the early 80’s my uncle came back from Nigeria and brought back the SONY 30 Inch TRINITRON. It was an awesome TV. It was my in my grandma’s house for years and still must be around. The longevity of the product is amazing.
We are closing the next week. Moving into a three bedroom town home. You sometimes don’t even realize. You don’t realize how much you have progressed in life and how much you can actually afford. A little money and a security that you will be able to make it on a consistent basis makes you “move on” in life as they say to bigger and better things. That is exactly what mademoiselle and I are doing. Just like all the other so called grown ups who are successful out there. Same cycles and same path. We are like trained panzees and we practice life only on a certain well traveled path. Anyways back to what I was saying. It’s a nice town and my community is sandwiched between a golf course on the front, a park on one side and a huge molecular institute on the other side. I don’t know what the fourth side faces. We face the molecular technology building. It is probably 100 years old and is three fourths empty. It has an eerie look to it and has always attracted my attention. It on a hill and when the moon is out, it looks like this building is all alone and touching the moon. Anyways, my entrance and the master bedroom face it. I also was told that the movie “A beautiful mind” was shot right here. I came home and researched it. It is true and now I have the bragging rights. My house faces the backside of the Molecular institute where the movie “A beautiful mind” was shot.
We will be moving the next week and Insha Allah, everything works out the right way. The good part is I can learn to golf during summer. It’s like I have a golf course in my backyard.
Jersey has been good to me. Jersey is home. Jersey is a shit hole but you kind of get used to it. The hustle, the bustle and the opportunities. The screwed up roads and the nutcase drivers. The expensive insurance and the even more expensive property taxes. You make all that money and you give it right back. You work like a dog and try to make it worthwhile. Your money isn’t worth much here and it’s worth twice its value somewhere in the mid west. They take your money away by tolls. It is amazing, how much of shit you have to spend your money on. But, this is Jersey. This is home. This is the true spirit of the United States. I am Indian, African Indian, American Indian, Italian American Indian and anything else you want to throw my way. I almost forgot, Jersey is where the nets reside currently led by the warrior Jason Frederick Kidd.
Jersey is home.

4 Comments:

Blogger CAR said...

Congratulations! These generic paths you speak off.. not everyone manages it so well. So perhaps, you should stand tall and be proud of the fact that you have come so far!!

I suppose it must be a wonderful feeling to discover what's home...

6:00 AM  
Blogger gawker said...

I have a question about the 3 bedroom large house. Who cleans it and how often do you have to vacuum it? because i have trouble keeping a 2 bedroom apartment clean.

browzp

10:28 AM  
Blogger zambezi said...

gawker,thank you for your concern. I am looking for someone to present me the DYSON cleaner. Please let me know if you will be volunteering for that gift? It would cost you around 400 bucks.

Dushyant- Thank you for your wishes aand yes i am happy we have managed to get here. Again, you are most welcome to join us

5:15 PM  
Blogger zambezi said...

gawker, my sis gave me a dyson. you buy me a bose surround system.

10:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Free Hit Counter