Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Watch your back

I am taking the side roads to work these days. There is some major construction happening at the junction of the parkway and 280 West. For a couple of miles, you end up sitting around at least for half an hour. So, I have discovered some side roads which are slower but at least I am sure enough to get to work by 9 AM. So, for the past month I zigzag myself through Bloomfield, Montclair, Verona, the Caldwells and finally end up hitting the state highway to work. It is fun driving through these pretty towns but also pretty irritating at times weaving through the traffic and traffic lights. At certain points it is better to be on the left lane than the right and vice versa. Today was a frustrating day to work. Three people gave me trouble. One cut me off and the other two were driving way too slow stalling traffic. They were completely oblivious to their outside world. They had two common factors. All the drivers were women and they were all on their cell phones. None of them were using head sets either. There are some of us who are capable of operating machinery while on the phone and there are some of us who aren’t. These some of us who aren’t capable should lay off the fucking phone and should concentrate on the road. I hate honking and I really do not want to help propagate the culture of honking. I like peace and quiet.
Anyone who falls into the category of not being able to drive properly and being on the phone, get off the road and then get to your stupid phone. If not, go buy a bloody headset cos it helps.
Another important advice. If you cannot see or if you are learning how to drive, the safest lane is not the left most lane. The safest is the right most. Actually, just stay home or drive for eternity in the mall parking lot.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Free Hit Counter