Tuesday, October 31, 2006

I am on land

The whole of last week I was out on business. Over the weekend, wifey and me flew to Columbus to hang out with my buddies. It was loads of fun. Good food, good company and asome alcohol. It’s funny how you can hang out with certain people and feel so comfortable. You can be who you are. No pretensions, no jack shit. I wonder if we would all be the same with each other if we hung out everyday. Familiarity does breed contempt in my books.
Anyways, flew back on Sunday. It was bloody windy and scary. My saga with this paranoia of flying continues. It gets stronger every time. I am pretty confident that my life will be snuffed out in a plane crash. I am not scared of dying. I am scared of going through that process of being helpless in air. This sunny Sunday was windy with gusts from 35 miles an hour. One of the guys sitting next to me who worked for continental but was flying as a passenger said that the winds were possibly in the 65 mile range up in the skies. The plane was bobbing around like a yoyo. I was sweating like a pig. There was a girl sitting two rounds behind me who was scared to death too. She was a lot more vocal than me and added considerable tension to the situation with her periodic screaming. The guy behind me was sweating like mad and the calmest person close to me was my wife and a 6 month old baby in the back seat with no freaking clue. My wife finds my reactions amusing. The sweating palms, the contorted face and my furious and petrified grasp of her hand. I was truly cared and I would have probably shat in my pants if the ordeal continued for longer. I get real scared when the plane is on its course earthwards. All through the whole thing, my wife was sleeping.
I hate flying.

2 Comments:

Blogger CAR said...

heheh Thats hilarious.....
I like turbulance. Keeps you occupied!

1:07 PM  
Blogger zambezi said...

well, turbulance will kill me one day.

11:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Free Hit Counter