Wednesday, December 13, 2006

flip flop

The only constant in life seems to be change. The past 6 months have been a whirlwind of situations good and bad. Time is flying at such a pace that it is hard sometimes to know what day of the week it actually is. I am losing touch with the days of the month and the only reason I am sure of this week was because i turned 30 last Sunday. it was a pretty somber affair. A far cry from my younger days. My wife, my brother in law and me went to a Hookah bar the night before and no we didn’t smoke any hookah cos I cannot stand the taste of perfumed tobacco. On my bday, we went out to an Indian restaurant for lunch. It was only family. About 10 of us. Surprising how many family members are around in Jersey alone. Anyways, it came and it went.
Last week, I had the good fortune of going to both the phili game and the Dallas game. I had a choice to go for the Phoenix game but didn’t and boy, I missed the game of a life time with Kidd and Nash going at each other. Oh well, it wasn’t meant to be. I called Gawker for the game. He didn’t want to drive down from his town to the meadowlands to watch the game. I had courtside tickets. He is a moron and a lazy ass.
The nets have won two games in a row. The key to this short rate of success is Carter’s shooting percentages from the three point line. He is doing it effortlessly and without spoiling the flow of the game. Kidd had a triple double tonight and on Monday night against the grizzlies. When he quits from the game I really don’t know if I will ever watch the game with the same interest.
We have settled well into the new house. The key to me feeling comfortable here was sleeping well and it seems to be happening off late. I can feel my way around in the dark and have kind of gotten used to the sounds of the house. Every house I have come across has its own unique sounds when everything around is silent. I am comfortable with my very own house.
Work has been pretty darn interesting. It is entertaining to watch a person who is incapable of handling power and people get a shot at it. Human beings screw up pretty simple stuff. Managers need to be good with people. Managers need to respect their people. Managers must know that they do not know everything. I am at a vantage point watching the dynamics unfold and watch people making a hash out of things without directly affecting me in any way. It’s a good feeling. Managing people is like relationships at home. If there is no respect, there is nothing happening then. I adore my boss and this feeling stems from the fact that I respect him first as a human being and then as a boss. But there are others in the same space that make a mess out of all and sundry. Time alone will tell.

1 Comments:

Blogger gawker said...

have a good housewarming. dont warm it too much though. are you free anytime week of christmas?

1:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Free Hit Counter