Friday, January 26, 2007

Random Buddha

So, it has been about 3 weeks since we started that stupid bet thing at work. The first week I lost 4 pounds. The second week another 1 pound and now it is at a constant. I eat like a Somalian and have been doing it for the past 3 weeks. It sucks to eat salad for lunch and then eat half of what you are supposed to eat for dinner. Added to that the stress of work really gets me all screwed up. So far so good, another 15 pounds to go and 2 months to do it. Now is the time to start exercising. I thought of going out for a jog this week but the weather gods said fuck you, stay home and hide in a corner. It is bloody cold out side and if I do go running, I will probably suffocate to death in my own frozen mucous.
Other than that, same shit different day. It is a Friday evening and I am sitting around waiting for my wife to come home. We will probably go out somewhere for dinner or something. Shall see. It is kind of depressing. The nets have lost three in a row on the west coast and they have lost all games they should have won. They lost all the three games to buzzer beaters. Pretty sad that Jason is playing at this level and we are still getting screwed. The basketball gods are watching and something is going to give. Rod Thorn is also watching and his face pretty contorted as it already is, is getting worse. Something is going to give again.
In winter it is pertinent that you own a car that is reliable and that wont die on you. My Mazda is 90,000 miles old. I am in a dilemma. We bought an SUV which wifey takes about 6 months ago. I kind of decided that I would run my Mazda to the ground and then buy myself a pretty 3 or 5 series BMW. Then, I decided that I would buy another crappy Japanese car and also buy a nice 1100 cc for the summer. Now, I don’t know what I want to do anymore. Freaking idiot- the more you make, the more ways you look to spend the money.
Tomorrow we have to go to the mall. I have a closet full of things that I have bought and need to return for either a bigger size or smaller size. I do this all the time. I never try things on in the store. I am too lazy to do it and at the end of the day, I end up collecting shit that doesn’t fit me and I don’t even return the damn things. I am bored.
This ORKUT thing is pretty amazing. I have people contacting me from 2 million years ago. From the time I used to wear tight maroon jeans with bell bottoms and silk shirts which would make a gay man want me even now. I actually used to think I was cool. Coming back to Orkut, pretty darn awesome.
Every where I look around marriages are falling apart. Good friends who had all their shit together when we were much younger are trying to figure things out again from scratch. It is very sad. Marriage is a gamble and has always been. The difference is that these days, we Indians seem to think we have choices that includes walking away. Anyhoo, who am I to comment on it? I don’t probably realize their predicament. It is sad though. People have to work together to make anything work.
Back to bullshit, I am still waiting for her and I am hungry. Maybe I should order for some Tom Yum Soup. My freaking 2nd floor is freezing. There seems to be a problem with the front door and the back door. The insulation isn’t good enough and there is a heavy draft seeping through rendering the heating system useless. The third floor is like an oven. It is a healthy mixture of the draft and the heating system probably not being effective enough. I might probably freeze and die will typing. Work is stressing me out and I need to try and revitalize myself by changing whatever I need to, to make myself better. Maybe some exercise. Same lazy ass procrastination which has plagued me for years.
What else is happening? Global warming is happening. It has been a pretty weird winter thus far and I am yet to come to terms with it. Does anyone know when the Sopranos and Entourage coming back? Maybe I should disconnect cable? The cable bill makes me puke into the envelope and send it right back. Why is everything so expensive? Why is Jersey such a shit hole? Well, she just called and she will be here only by 9. so, there goes our Friday night. A couple of weeks ago, we went to the Buddha Bar in the city. It was pretty damn cool. The music was good and all. The only thing was that it was packed and people were walking on each other. I would rather stay in my jersey and hang out in a place where you have a little more space.
This is a just a freaking random post.

3 Comments:

Blogger shreya said...

i heard they call jersey the "armpit of the nation"...but jerseyiites always seem to be addicted to the damned place. but then they are mostly desis...at least the jerseyiites i know...

figures...

6:31 PM  
Blogger zambezi said...

no its not about being desi or not desi. the thing about jersey even if it is a white italian town, you start feeling that apnapan.

10:17 PM  
Blogger gawker said...

i coined the term jersey being the armpit of the nation and I am glad to see that it has taken off. Zambezi just because you frequent a bar with lots of Italians, that doesn't make you an Italian. If they threw you and the Italians into a well, the Italians would still stand on your head to try and get out.

9:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Free Hit Counter