Sunday, January 07, 2007

The Bet

How do you create your past on paper? How do you create a picture that actually depicts every single detail of a certain time in life that was full of fun and crazy behavior? Maybe someday I will gather the patience, the thoughts and then pen it down. Not today. One day, I will probably get there. I am just hanging out by wife as she has been constantly working away with her team off shore which means Bangalore. I have listened to 2 songs from Bas Ek Pal for the past 2 hours on a non stop basis and I will listen to it a few more times till she finishes her work. I need to wake up in the morning as usual and get my ass to work. Since I am just wasting space and time on the earth I might as well talk about the bet that is happening at work. Certain slightly over weight people including myself have gotten together. We (25 of us) weighed in on Thursday. We have three months and we have to lose 10% of our body weight by then. Your buy in for the bet is 25 bucks. If you are the only one who wins at the end of the three months you get to keep 25X25 $ with you and if you have say probably 5 winners, you share the total amount amongst yourselves and so on and so forth. I weighed in at 200 Lbs. for my height I look well built. Well, under that well built look lies a few pounds of adipose tissue and my goal is to lose the 10% by then. The secret lies in eating half of what I eat and finding a connection between my stomach meter and my brain as that doesn’t seem to exist and I eat far too much than I can handle. So, I am hereby activating it and am hopefully will get somewhere close to that weight. I don’t expect to win but I at least want to compete and try and make a difference when I weigh in 3 months now.
I am done for the night. Too much writing and too many mood swings. I have written from treating people like shit because they belong to the Quixtar cult, to my niece, to how I feel today and now about a stupid bet which I am sure to lose as I have no will power. My mom even said it is yesterday and I wholeheartedly agree. I don’t even know how I got to this level in life where I make a decent paycheck and married a sane woman.

2 Comments:

Blogger gawker said...

My suggestion is concentrating on mass removal from your cheek region. That should be good enough for 5 or 6 pounds if not more.

11:37 AM  
Blogger zambezi said...

yes the cheeks are pretty sad. thanks for pointing it out my dearest friend.

10:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Free Hit Counter