Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Bangalore

I have been in Bangalore for the past week. The streets are congested, the heat is energy sapping and i have been looking every day. I have been looking for my good old Bangalore. My Bangalore from atleast 10 years ago. The quiet roads, the crisp early morning air and the sleepy town. I cant find it. I will never ever be able to find it. My friends are gone and the place has gone too. I feel like a stranger in my own town.
I met a few of my old friends and met some of their friends. Every person i spoke to used the word "crore" with reckless abandon. My dollar doesnt seem to matter anymore and the longer i stay, the more i spend. It will pinch too.The word "crore" was not only used but also actually there. Bangalore scares me with the money it has. People are absorbed in the real estate spike that is happening right now. There is no rhyme or reason for the price of land. It is fashionable to buy and sell land in the crores right now. Bangalore better watch out. Something will give.
Other than that, the food has been good. I have put on a few pounds and time has come to do something about it. The nets are busy battling the pacers in the play offs and there is not one freaking cricket match happening.
The heat is unbearable. If you donot have a house with an ac, you might as well walk around in a langoti. I have had problems dealing with the heat and sadly sound like a wuss everytime i talk to anyone who visits. I constantly complain about the heat. Someone said that bush doesnt think that global warming exists. He should visit Bangalore to see the marked difference in conditions.
I started driving from the day i came into the country. The good part is at 40 kms/hour nothing much can happen to you anyways. I have sworn many a times in the past week, have broken rules a couple of times and have been looking forward to beat up somebody to complete my life as it was. I still havent found anyone to hit.
The good part of this heat is that you get to enjoy the beer. The warmer it is out there and the colder the beer is, it kind of cools your soul.
They dont make any 2 stroke bikes. That sucks for all these kids who buy these stupid 4 stroke engines. Imagine, the first bike those days you could buy was a hero honda. I would have rather ridden a tvs champ. I saw a road king on the road yesterday and it took me back 10 years. Youth is intoxicating and exciting. We tend not to appreciate it when you have it and when you dont, it sucks.
3 days to go and then it will be back to good ol jersey. Life as i know will continue. Hopefully the rest falls into place.

4 Comments:

Blogger gawker said...

if there were still 2 strokes bikes in bangalore you wouldnt be able to breathe there.

4:10 PM  
Blogger CAR said...

Sandeep! Did you get a chance to go to RR on brigade road? It is by far the best andhra food you can get in Btown.

I am least suprised by your latest post. The last I was in Bangalore was 2002 and found it to be a disaster then.

Yet for four years the town has been good to me. For that I shall not complain too much...

10:33 AM  
Blogger gawker said...

are you back jerseyboy

12:58 PM  
Blogger zambezi said...

i am sorry i didnt reply earlier. car- i ate in some many places this time. i hogged like a dog. incidentally, rr opened up a branch bang opp to my parents apartment. i didnt get the time to visit it but i certainly did eat in a lot of new places.
gawker- i am happy to be back. my balls were sweating and nice to be back to spring here.
lamesaint- we had 7 guys at one point. now we have just 2 including uthappa in the one day side and kumble only playing tests. i guess it is a cyclical theme. i am sure there are some new kids waiting to come in. some good non karnataka guys to watch out for dhawan and rohit sharma.

11:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Free Hit Counter