Sunday, May 14, 2006

Back

The nets are down one game. They played a listless game on friday night with Carter being highly irresponsible. He should not be allowed to handle the ball late in the game. Let Kidd do it. He has the balls, the mindset, the skill and the will. Anyways, today is a season making or ending game and we shall see how it goes.
I am back in Jersey after a 2 week break. Mixed emotions. What to do? Bangalore is not home anymore. I met an abnoxious character on the way to India. He was sitting next to me, had some bad BO and wanted to know everything about me. About my status in the US and all. I had to put my foot down when he asked me how much i make. He was from one of the IITs working for some financial corp in nyc and was from hyderabad. He had switched jobs and all he was travelling with his old h1 stamp and he claimed that he had already got it stamped with his previous job and apparently it was ok to travel on the h1 and he didnt need to go the consulate to get it stamped. I dont think it is true. I told him that he and said that it was ok to travel as they wouldnt know. Hopefully he made his arse back to the states.
I was jet lagged this time for some reason. With the heat, it was worse. I didnt sleep for a few days. I finally went and got myself a massage and then managed to get some sleep. There seem to be a lot of nice hep places in Jayanagar and i visited a few of them. Most of the time, i was drenched in sweat and had a bath atleast twice a day. I started driving from the day i got in and the traffic cannot possibly get worse. People continue to live in inhumane conditions without questioning the situation. The pavements are dug up as usual and the roads are pretty bad. The power cuts really donot help.
Everyone i met there talked in crores as i mentioned earlier. I think i would do better staying back in the US. I can better afford it here than there. If you are not part of the system, you would do good to stay out unless you have old money which i dont. So i return an outsider from my own town.
Other than that the trip was uneventful with me spending most of my time at home and with my folks. I went out a couple of times too. I went for a music concert at the american chamber of commerce. This guy Amit Heri who gave music for morning raaga the movie had a concert with his ensemble. It was pretty good.
I am back in Jersey. I hate flying and i am happy that i didnt die on this trip. I am scared shitless when i fly cos i feel there is absolutely no chance that i will survive.

1 Comments:

Blogger CAR said...

I have been expecting you

6:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Free Hit Counter