Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Jason Kidd

As my team slips into oblivion, I ponder about what I have been feeling for the past 2-3 weeks. Jason Kidd is gone. Jason left me and the remains of my tattered team. A team ill prepared both mentally and physically. Coached by a man who isn’t equipped to deal with the needs of the game. A man whose time has probably come and gone due to the fact that he is running around in circles. Jason Kidd brought respectability to the franchise irrespective of the person that he was. He competed hard on the court and made everyone around him much much better. Jefferson signed a 60 Million dollar deal with the nets. He is worth half the money right now. He looks listless and lost. The hand that fed him has left the building and if he doesn’t figure things out fast, he will be another small forward who played the game but never achieved anything on his own.
I do not blame Kidd for leaving. Every driven man gives it all to what he believes in for a certain period of time. Then, they pack up and leave to a scenario which hopefully will help them get there. We all do it. We all search for that elusive success. For him, being the ring.
I am watching you and I wish you the best. As for me, I watch my team struggle mired in mediocrity and slipping into the lower echelons of the NBA.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Free Hit Counter